Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sitting in on a Class

My 1st two days of Primary School are done! Met and chatted with the teachers & counterpart, got my teaching schedule, observed a class today, and worked on the school computers...things are movin along! And the kids are F'n adorable, but they don't know what to make of me lol

I sat in on a Grade 5-English class, and discreetly sat in the back of the room.  The kids sang a Bible song in the beginning of class...after sittin back down, the teacher asked each of them what they did over the weekend...sooo many were reluctant to talk, simply because I was in the room. haha.


Everyone's sooo shy with me there lol


Yup, it's English class alright ;P


Peek-a-boo! (man it's like I have tentacles or something)


The teacher then asked the kids to go outside and identify the trees in English and describe them in a notebook. As they were doing so I chatted a bit with the teacher...it seems about half of the teachers (all of whom did not report to the school yet) are new to the school, including the English teacher, so I don't feel so awkward ;p.  She said she basically was focusing on gauging the school kids' language levels, and next week would split them up into groups based on reading level and assigning them work accordingly. 





passing out everyone's notebooks

Preparing to go outside
I'll sit in on my Counterpart's Grad 7 and 8 classes to see what the students are like on Monday. Then I teach my first class n Wednesday!! If they only knew how excited and scared I am at the same time!

Friday is a half-day so all the kids were out by lunch...and it was smoldering hot so I went for a swim in the ocean about a minute's walk from my school. I ♥ my job :D

No comments:

Post a Comment